Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blog Post 2-Climate Feedback and Forcing

In my area, Lexington, South Carolina, we have a coal-burning electric company nearby. This would be the most prevalent climate forcing issue because of all of the aerosols put into the air. For those unfamiliar with terms see In the United States, see the "Glossary of Climate Change Terms". there has been an increase in temperature and CO2 levels as seen in the "Climate Time Machine" interactive. I believe that this increase is due to an increased consumption of fossil fuels over the past few decades.
In order to help my students I have found or borrowed resources from the STEM 417 course. These range from data to explanations of what climate forcing and feedback is. I really like the top resource because it offers the most common myths.
Skeptical Science (click on the thermometer on the right)
Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center

Environmental Literacy Center: Climate Forcing & Feedback

Climate Forcing Data
The Azimuth Project: Climate forcing and feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment